Things to know before you come in to our shop!
We're open from 11:00 to 6:00, 7 days a week.
As of July 15th, we are back open indoors. Feel free to come on in, and feel free to bring your bike inside with you. We missed you!
- It's pretty busy, and we may not be able to answer the phone - that said, we're doing pretty well with it.
- You can always text us: 844-646-2800 - we had to switch to a new text number temporarily. We're getting back to texts very quickly. Live chat is available during our open hours, from 11 AM-6 PM. Replies may be slower on the weekends as it's busier.
- You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org - this may take a bit longer to hear back.
- We're open online 24/7; if you choose in-store pickup we'll help you out when you arrive, and swap or return purchases as needed.
Our current mask policy - per the state of California - is as follows:
- If you're vaccinated, masks are still encouraged - but feel free to shop in whatever way you feel comfortable. Alameda County has encouraged indoor masking due to the emergence of the Delta variant - see their press release here.
- If you're not vaccinated, you must wear a mask - without exception. We have them available if you do not have one.
- We have sanitizer by both doors, and a sink in the bathroom if you'd like to wash your hands.
We no longer rent bikes. It isn't something we have been able to do during the pandemic. We sold all of our rentals a long time ago. We recommend the Berkeley Bike Station in Berkeley or Sports Basement in Berkeley for bike rentals. As far as we know, no one in Alameda rents bikes at the moment.
Repairs and Service - Updated July 28th
Inventory Update - Updated July 28th
- Kids bike stock update:
- If you're looking to get a 12",16", or 20" bike, we have plenty.
- Starting to run low of 24" bikes. Almost out!
- Almost out of extra small and small adult mountain bikes for kids.
- Just got a bunch of street bikes from Giant/Liv/Momentum, though!
- Adult bikes from about $550 to $1200 are in very short supply. We tend to get these in and they go pretty fast. Our website inventory is accurate! We basically have no mountain bikes at all.
- We have hundreds of bikes on backorder, so text us or email us if you want to be notified when we do get something back into stock. We can add you to our wait list! We do follow up!
- We have good stock of trunk racks for the first time in a long time! Very limited supply of hitch racks.
- We have plenty of helmets, locks, lights, tires, and many other common accessories and parts. Some shops are sold out of tubes - not us.
- Want to ride with your kids? We've got trailers and childseats in stock from Topeak, Burley, and Yepp.
- Want to ride inside? We've got trainers in stock. Very limited quantities remain!
- Shop bikes on our website here!
Trust us - we'll do our best to find you the right bike based on your budget, current wait time, and flexibility of choice - but we'll NEVER sell you a bike that isn't right for you.
- Before coming by to test ride, please send us a text at 844-646-2800 to ensure that we have something built for you. COVID-19 has greatly affected the inventory of bicycles and bicycle parts/accessories. We are limiting test rides to 2 bikes per person, for both cleaning and time issues.
- If we have a bike in stock and assembled, we can hold it for two days with no payment for you to test ride. If you like the bike and want to take it, we'll do our best to get any accessories installed within 48 hours.
- If we have a bike in stock and it is not assembled, we can schedule it up for assembly so you can try it. We are not permitted to sell bikes in the box, and we cannot ship bikes to you (with a few exceptions). We must build them all. We will hold any test ride bike for two days after we build it without payment before releasing it to stock.
- If we don't have a bike in stock, we may be able to special order it (though unlikely right now). A full deposit is required, but is refundable as long as the bike does not leave the shop. You are welcome to test ride before making a decision. We'll never pressure you into taking a bike with you that you don't love.