We Are Open From 12:00 to 6:00, 5 Days a Week (We're Closed Tues & Wed)
We believe bike shops are an "essential business" during the current shelter-in-place order. Cycling allows for exercise within a safe distance of others, as well as a way for people to get around without a car, and without relying on public transit. We want to make sure that people are able to have working bicycles in a time of need.
Alameda Bicycle is committed to remaining open and ready to serve our community as long as we can safely do so.
We will be open with a skeleton crew from 12pm - 6pm, 5 days a week. We will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
We have less staff than normal, so please respect our staff who are working during a pandemic, and be patient. Our demand has increased in ways that we have never seen before, and we're working as hard as we can to keep repairs moving and bikes out on the road.
This demand is not East Bay specific - check out this article in the New York Times about the demand for bikes right now.
It's very busy right now, and we very likely will not be able to answer the phone.
- The fastest way to get ahold of us is text us!
- You can text us at our phone number - 510-522-0070
- You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently we are scheduling dropped off repairs around 3-4 weeks out.
We are taking extra measures to ensure our clients, staff, and greater community are safe.
- Here is a link to the Social Distancing Protocol that we are following, as laid out in the Alameda County Shelter in Place order from 3/31.
- We are practicing safe social distancing, by asking people to remain at least 6 feet away from us and from each other while at the shop.
- We will disinfect all bikes we work on - both before we do, and after we’re done (by wiping them down or spraying with disinfectant)
- We are asking people to pay with credit/debit or PayPal only. Payment over the phone or through PayPal for completed repairs is appreciated.
- You can send us payment via PayPal by clicking this link.
- We are keeping the front door locked and will be working with our clients from outside the shop. Our retail sales floor will not be open for browsing, but our staff on site will be able to help people find the things they need from a safe distance. Please meet us at our side door, on Webb St. next to Alameda Grill. We have a hand washing station outside that you can use. We do not have a bathroom at this time.
- We are asking people to queue up, spaced out six feet apart. We have marked lines with chalk leading from our side door towards Park St. Please do not line up in front of Alameda Grill or block their doorway. They're trying to serve people, too.
- Things may take a little longer than usual. We're working with limited staff, and may not be able to complete all repairs or service all bicycles at this time. Please bear with us - your understanding goes a long way, and we appreciate it.
Need something, but don't want to leave your home?
We are able to have many of our products shipped to your door. Some of them are even available for you to order yourself!
- Need something from Specialized? You can order anything that they make through Specialized.com and have it shipped to us through their Click & Collect program. Want it shipped straight to you? Any clothing, equipment, or accessories purchased from Specialized through this link will earn us a portion of the sale credit!
- Want a bike from Giant or Liv? You can get it through their web link program at Giant-bicycles.com and have it shipped to us. Both of these help us out while getting you the bike stuff you can’t be without.
- Looking for something else? Many of our brands are available for “Retail to Home” delivery. Text or email us - we may be able to have what you need sent to your door. This is the safest way to get what you need and support your local bike shop.
- Want to buy a gift card for use at a later date? You can do that through PayPal. Send us however much you would like to have as store credit, along with your name, phone number, and email. We will send you a receipt confirming the account credit you've got at the shop, ready for use whenever!
We are here to help!
- Advice: got a question about something? Please call us, email us, or text us before coming in. You can text us now at our regular phone number: (510) 522-0070. We can usually help remotely and we will happily do what we can to answer your questions while you remain at home.
- Bike repairs: Set an appointment here for same-day or next-day repairs. Or come by for a free estimate. While we can usually do on-the-spot repairs for quick jobs such as flat tires, we may have to ask for a few hours to complete all jobs given the circumstances. We will spray or wipe all bikes with disinfectant before inspections and after all repairs.
- In-store sales: Since clients will not have access inside our store, we will walk you through your bike and merchandise purchases, and bring product choices to you. We won’t be taking returns on product during this time, but will extend our return policy to be 30 days from the end of the shelter in place order. We still do not take returns on bicycles.
- We are unable to do Bicycle Blue Book trade-ins or bicycle rentals at this time.
- Our policies like Lifetime Service, Lifetime Warranty, our Kid's Bike Trade-Up program and 90 Day Price Match are always in effect. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions.
Thank you for your support in this difficult time - we’ll get through this together.
-Your friends at Alameda Bicycle