Come Work With Us
What's it like to work at Alameda Bicycle?
Are you authentically passionate about bikes? Do you like being part of a team where your voice is heard and valued? Are you driven to serve your community? Are you looking for a working environment where you can build a craft and a career?
Are your professional goals to support riders at every level? Success to us means more riders on bikes and going further than they ever thought possible. If this is you, come join us!
Looking to start or continue your career in the bike industry? Come work in the best bike shop in the East Bay! Alameda Bicycle is looking to hire seasonal part-time or full-time service staff. We have a busy summer coming up and need some help in the back of the house. The position is seasonal but there’s a possibility for year-round employment for the right person. Here's what we're looking for:
- Work quickly and stay calm and professional while doing it. The shop can get hectic!
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs (we move bikes around all day)
- Be comfortable using bike repair tools and equipment
- Be available weekends
- Have a love for riding. We can teach technical knowledge but we can't teach "love bikes"
- Have proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Previous bike shop and/or service experience; bike repairs & bike building experience
- Experience with Lightspeed POS is a huge bonus
- Ability to converse in Spanish
- Underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Industry discounts after 90 days
- Competitive pay (up to $20-$23/hr based on experience)
- Access to shop trips and paid events
For full time year-round staff
- Medical/dental/vision plans
- 401k with employer match
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly and annual bonuses based on shop performance
Interested? Send us your resume using the link below. In the meantime, read about our team here!