We make every effort to treat every client like family. With that, we decided to institutionalize our beliefs with rock-solid policies:
WITH EVERY ITEM WE SELL:
- 90-Day Price Protection. You’ll get the lowest price in the Bay Area on every product in our shop, for up to 90 days after purchase. If another Bay Area shop has the same product in-stock at a lower price than what you paid, we'll refund you the difference. Item must be identical.
- Enhanced Lifetime Warranty. We make sure you never pay for a manufacturer’s mistake. We include a comprehensive lifetime warranty on every product we sell in our store, which includes installation and shipping costs. Lifetime warranty does not cover products which are damaged in a crash, used outside of the intended use of the product, or worn out from normal wear and tear.
WHEN BUYING A BIKE FROM US:
- Lifetime Free Tune-Ups. Bike purchases include free adjustments, air & lube service, and safety checks as long as the bike’s yours. You pay parts and labor for installations and adjustments outside the scope of our Standard Tune-Up package – a $100 service.
- Kid’s Trade-Up Program. Purchase a kid’s bike and get 50% of what you spent towards the next size bike. 12", 16", 20", and 24" wheeled bikes are eligible for a trade-up. We regularly donate the old bikes to our favorite non-profit organizations. (If you're with an organization that needs kid's bikes, submit a donation request).
We stand behind everything we sell. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days and we'll replace it or give you a refund. Please read "Returns" below for more information.
WE DO NOT TAKE RETURNS ON BICYCLES. We encourage as many test rides as you need to make sure that you're happy with your decision before a bike leaves the shop.
If an item that you've purchased from us appears to be defective, please contact us - we'll do our best to get it replaced for you at no cost to you due to our lifetime warranty. This does not cover products that have been damaged in a crash, abused, or used for purposes outside of the design of the product.
Shipping options are available for most apparel and accessory items. Orders typically ship within one business day of being placed.
Due to our dealer agreements, most bikes are not eligible for shipping.
$50 or more
Please note that some items may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges because of size or weight. Handlebars, trainers, and racks are common items that may incur additional charges.
Sorry, but we do not ship outside of the Continental U.S.
In-store pickup is free for all items, including bikes and oversized products. Most orders will be ready within one business day. Please keep in mind that some items may require additional processing time to transfer from off-site locations. Other items may require additional processing time for assembly. We will call or email you once your order is ready for pickup. You may need to allow additional time for an in-store pickup order that includes a bicycle, as it still may require assembly.
bike destination fees
To our Alameda Bicycle community,
Thank you so much for your support this past year and a half. It has been a wild and challenging time for everyone - both in the bike industry and the world at large. While the pandemic is in much better shape in the Bay Area now than it was last year, the global supply chain that provides us with the bikes and parts we sell is still very much in the throes of it. It’s costing our manufacturers a ton of money to get their product into their US warehouses, and they’ve passed that cost on to us pretty heavily.
When we order bikes, there are amounts which we can order that qualify for free shipping on our end. If we can’t meet those minimum orders, we get charged freight per bike. We’re in a pretty bad Catch-22 situation, where we can’t meet the order minimums because there are no bikes in stock to order. Everything is on backorder due to the nationwide demand for bikes and bike parts.
When we do get offered bikes, we’re forced to make a decision immediately as to whether we’d like them or not - regardless of whether we’ll be able to get freight covered on them. If we delay in making that decision, they’ll get sold to other shops. We either accept small shipments of bikes and pay a crazy amount of freight charges, or we don’t have bikes to sell at all.
The only way we can continue to make a reasonable margin on bike sales is to share a portion of this freight charge with our clients. We hope this is only temporary, but starting on August 1st, we’ll be adding on an additional $15 freight charge to every bike sale. This is the first time we’ve ever had to do this, and we’ve been in business since 1969.
Thank you for your understanding and your support. As a reminder, we continue to offer a kids bike trade-in program, lifetime free adjustments on every bike we sell, a comprehensive lifetime warranty, and a 90-day price match guarantee on every product in our shop.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
-Alameda Bicycle staff
- Any item in new condition will be returned for 100% of purchase price within 30 days of purchase.
- Store credit or cash/card refunds are both acceptable for items that are in new condition.
- Any item that is not in as-new condition, missing the packaging, and cannot be sold as new may be returned for 80% of the purchase price at our discretion.
- Refunds for items in this condition will be given as store credit.
- We do not take returns on the following items:
- Tools that have been opened from the package
- Food and Nutritional Supplements
- Parts or components that have been used and are not defective
If there’s a problem with a product that you purchased from us, please bring it back to us. We will refund the original purchase amount within 30 days of your purchase for items returned in new condition or are defective. Merchandise returned that appears used may be subject to a restocking fee.
You may also ship an item back to us if it is defective or not to your satisfaction. Ship returns via Ground UPS or insured US Mail (we do not accept CODs). We will refund shipping costs on damaged or incorrect merchandise. Merchandise returned that appears used will be subject to a restocking fee. We can also send you a shipping label and deduct the cost of that from your return.
Labor fees, such as custom wheel builds or other services, are non-refundable. We do not take returns on food items, tools that have been removed from the package, or bicycles.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of the information you provide to us and prevents outside parties from being able to "see" your transaction information. When your account information is displayed on your screen, we only display the last five digits of your credit card numbers. You also have the choice of whether or not to save credit card information with us in your Online Account.
We sometimes use other companies (third-party service providers) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders and delivering packages. They need access to some personal information in order to perform their duties but may not use this information for other purposes.
Prices and Information
Our website is intended to help you. We make every effort to maintain current, accurate prices in our online catalog. And we strive for similar accuracy and timeliness with the other information we offer here. However, inventory or pricing errors may occur, and we reserve the right to decline or cancel any orders where mistakes or discrepancies in price or stock status exist regardless of the source of the error. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors you find to our attention on your next visit or by calling or emailing us. Thank you!